COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Cleanliness, disinfection and personal protection of both our patients and staff have always been priorities at Ehrlich Dental. Since our COVID-19 hiatus for the eight weeks between March and May, 2020, we have made a number of changes which enhance your safety and provide even greater protection and peace-of-mind. On this page, you can learn how these changes will affect your visit to our practice.
BEFORE YOUR VISIT
- Appointment times have been adjusted to stagger patient arrival, thereby avoiding patient interactions both before and after appointments.
- Appointment duration has increased by a third to allow extra time for methodical and careful disinfection.
- Your appointment confirmation (whether by email, text or phone call) is now accompanied by the first of two health screenings, which is completed 24-48 hours prior to your visit.
THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT: ARRIVAL PROCESS
- All patients phone the office upon arrival at our building to a) complete the second health screening and b) learn when to come up to the office so that the treatment room is immediately available for you.
- Face coverings are required to enter the office.
- A team member will greet you at the office door, take your temperature with a no-touch scanning thermometer, offer you hand sanitizer and your provider will direct you to her/his treatment room.
- We make every effort to avoid any wait time in our reception area.
- Companions are discouraged, however, in cases where it is unavoidable, companions will be provided seating in the corridor outside of the office.
THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT: CHANGES YOU MAY NOTICE
- Our reception area has been streamlined to eliminate seating and all non-critical materials (magazines, brochures)
- No patient personal belongings will be left in the reception area.
- A plexiglass barrier separates the reception area from the front office area.
- We have added HEPA filtration units in all treatment rooms.
- Plastic protective barriers have been installed on and between all treatment room doorways.
THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT: DURING YOUR TREATMENT
- Your provider is now wearing additional PPE including
- N95 or KN95 mask, covered by a surgical mask
- Face shield
- Hair covering
- Disposable gown
- All staff now wear scrubs that only leave the office for commercial laundering weekly.
- PPE is changed between every patient interaction.
- Surfaces have been cleared and equipment is covered with plastic barriers.
- After each patient’s treatment, every clinical area is fogged with environmentally-safe and natural hypochlorous acid to eliminate any airborne particles.
- Providers no longer bring paper charts into the treatment rooms.
- You will be asked to rinse with hydrogen peroxide (a disinfectant) prior to the start of treatment.
THE DAY OF YOUR VISIT: AFTER YOUR TREATMENT
- At the conclusion of your clinical visit, your provider will confirm that the front office is clear of other patients and you will be directed towards that area and the exit.
- To reappoint or transact any other administrative business, patients may stop briefly at the front office window.
- If you need one, a brand new pen will be provided for you to use and take with you.
- Hand sanitizer is available for patients.
- Patient Coordinators in the Front Office will remind you to call us immediately if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of your visit.